POWER UP YOUR CAREER WITH LOUISIANA CAT
Louisiana Cat has been proud to represent Caterpillar® for 4 continuous generations in the state of Louisiana. We have been providing our customers with the highest quality Cat® equipment, service, and parts since 1933. We serve to build and power our community for a better future. We are always searching for high energy, ambitious candidates who are ready to join our team. You can build your future here!
We are welcoming experienced or entry level Diesel Engine & Heavy Equipment Technicians to continue or build their career with Louisiana Cat. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is looking for opportunities for future growth and career advancement. Specialties include:
- Diesel Equipment
- Marine Engine
- Petroleum (Oil & Gas)
Technicians perform quality maintenance, diagnostics, disassembly, inspections, rebuilds and reassembly of all components or equipment (i.e.: engines, power trains, hydraulics, fuel systems, power generation, electrical codes, etc.) either in a shop or at customer locations with or without supervision. This may include failure analysis as required.
$60,000 - $120,000 yearly
The yearly range indicated is representative of the hourly rate, including typical overtime. This range is based on a technician’s experience, skills, education and training. For technicians, overtime is typically calculated on a daily basis after 8 hours worked.
The person in this role will be responsible for servicing and repairing Caterpillar heavy equipment and/or engines at our shop or onsite at customer locations.
- You will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all component of heavy equipment such as electrical codes, engines, fuel systems, hydraulics, power generation and power trains
- You will be responsible for removal and installation of heavy equipment engine components according to Caterpillar standards and technical service manuals
- You will understand Caterpillar exchange parts process and financial cost analysis of repairs for our customers
- You will create, track and formalize work order documents on our Caterpillar customer service report software systems
- You will promote positive customer service according to Caterpillar and Louisiana Cat expectations
- You will have the tools and building blocks to MAKE A CAREER here at Louisiana Cat. In walk through our Louisiana Cat doors...are the finest Caterpillar Heavy Equipment Service Technicians in the South.
MOST IMPORTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- REQUIRED: High School Diploma or (GED) equivalent
- REQUIRED: Prior technical training of heavy machinery / equipment
- REQUIRED: Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must own required tool inventory. Louisiana Cat offers exclusive Tooling Program (specific discussed during interviews)
- Strong customer service skills, mechanical aptitude, professional demeanor and always "safety-first" mentality every hour of every day
- WORK SHIFT: 12 hour days / some weekend; variety of shifts (specifics will be discussed during interviews)
- Will require physical movement
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 75 pounds from floor to chest. The employee must have the ability to reach and use the arms within a full range of motion in order to retrieve stocked parts. The employee must have the ability to endure prolonged stooping, kneeling, crouching and squatting while performing mechanical operations. The employee must be able to exert push/pull forces with the arms in order to use various wrenches and tools. The employee must be able to endure prolonged forward and overhead arm positions while performing mechanical operations. The employee must be able to use the hands to grasp hand tools and parts. The employee must have the ability to climb onto and operate equipment. The employee must have the ability to operate and maintain a field service vehicle with GVW of less than 26,000 lbs.
LOUISIANA CAT BENEFITS
- Health, Dental, Vision, $50,000 Company Funded Life Policy (if enrolled in Health)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Cancer, Supplemental Life and additional voluntary policies
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- Technician Tool Loan Program up to $2,000
- Safety Boot / Safety Prescription Glasses Allowances
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Credit Union
- Technician Career Development Program - Shop & Field Service Training
SAFETY IN ALL WE DO
- We require strict compliance with PPE (personal protective equipment) safety regulations
- We maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local safety and company regulations
- All employees must follow all Company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) procedures
- Louisiana Cat is a drug-free workplace, including marijuana and THC products.
WHY PEOPLE JOIN LOUISIANA CAT
- We are known for service quality and unsurpassed customer relationships guided by our strong company values, culture and safety standards
- We have energy, focus and passion delivering results because what we do impacts our customers each and every day
- We work across Construction, Electrical Power, Forestry, Governmental, Heavy Equipment, Industrial, Landscaping, Marine Engines and Oil & Gas industries
- We invest in training and development programs for our employees to build their toolkit and career paths here at Louisiana Cat
- We offer competitive pay and benefits, paid holidays and vacation, employee incentive programs and 401(k) company match programs to meet family and work lifestyles
WHO WE ARE
Louisiana CAT is the only authorized Caterpillar Dealer for the state of Louisiana. We provide Caterpillar Equipment, Service, Parts and Engines to customers across a wide range of industries. We are guided by our strong company culture, safety standards and activities in the communities in which we operate. We seek out employees who are inspired by our timeless values, thrive in growing company environment and want to become a part of a dynamic company backed by 90+ years of success. We have 23 locations across Louisiana and the Gulf South with Corporate HQ located in Reserve, LA and Power Systems HQ located in New Iberia, LA.
- Louisiana Cat (Louisiana Machinery Co, LLC) and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We proudly hire U.S. Veterans.
- Louisiana Cat (Louisiana Machinery Co., LLC) uses E-Verify and complies with I-9 employment eligibility requirements of all new hires. Click here for your rights: click here for more information
- Equal Employment Opportunity Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal: click here for more information
- Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: click here for more information
- Louisiana Cat (Louisiana Machinery Co, LLC) and its affiliates are drug-free workplaces and post-offer, pre-employment process includes background check, drug/alcohol screen, and if applicable for the role, pre-employment physical/fit for duty assessments.