Full-Time – $60,000-$80,000
Riverview Tug Service, Inc. Is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
Riverview Tug Service, Inc. is a Multi-Faceted, Multi-Generational Company that began in 1998. For more than 25 years, the Riverview Tug Service Team has continued to provide tug assistance and short towing on the Upper Mississippi for many different customers. The Riverview Family of Companies of dedicated and skilled employees are committed to customer satisfaction. We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality of services for the best value along the Mississippi River. Join our team today!
Full time diesel mechanic. Based out of Bellevue. Travel is required. Home most weekends.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements
As a Diesel Mechanic at Riverview Tug Service, Inc., you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our tugboat fleet. Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting regular inspections and diagnostic tests to identify engine issues.
- Performing repairs, maintenance, and overhauls on diesel engines.
- Troubleshooting and resolving mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems.
- Collaborating with team members to ensure efficient workflow and timely completion of repairs.
- Utilizing specialized tools and diagnostic equipment to effectively diagnose and repair engine problems.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed, parts used, and repairs conducted.
- Adhere to company attendance policy
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Commitment to safety rules and protocols
- Reading and writing skills sufficient to comprehend/complete a variety of documents
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Required to work in all climates and weather conditions
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must be able to receive a Transportation Work Identification Credential (TWIC).
To be considered for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a diesel mechanic, specifically working with Detroit, Caterpillar, and Cummins engines.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and repairing diesel engines, including knowledge of engine systems, fuel systems, electrical systems, and hydraulic systems.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to high-quality workmanship.
- Willingness to travel to La Crosse, WI on a weekly basis for maintenance and repairs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- ASE or other relevant certifications (preferred but not required).
- Commitment to safety protocols and ensuring a safe working environment.
How to apply:
- If you are interested in joining our team as a Diesel Mechanic, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com. Please include “Diesel Mechanic Application” in the subject line of your email.
- Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen, breath alcohol and physical
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- High noise levels
- Prolonged periods of kneeling, bending, and climbing stairs and ladders
- Able to navigate uneven and moving surfaces
- Ability to work near or on large bodies of water at various heights and in confined spaces
Riverview Tug Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Riverview Tug Service, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.