Yager Materials is accepting applications for a Diesel Mechanic (Owensboro, KY)
Yager Materials is currently seeking applicants for Shop Mechanics position. With this position you will be performing repairs on various pieces of equipment including but not limited to: Tri-Axle Dump Trucks, Excavators, Dozers, Concrete Mixer Trucks, Cranes, Rollers, Pavers, Front-End Loaders, Forklifts, Graders, Tractor & Trailers, Pick-up Trucks, etc.
- Journeyman toolset- All tools required to complete repairs on class 8 trucks and heavy equipment in a timely fashion.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, diesel engines, power train components, air brake systems, and all supplemental systems on class 8 trucks and heavy equipment.
- Intermediate to advanced trouble shooting abilities
- Intermediate to advance computer skills
- Understand and adhere to all company safety practices and procedures
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to understand the different types of lubricants and their applications and oil sampling procedures
- High School Diploma or GED
- Misc. other duties assigned by management
About the Team
With over 100 years of experience, Owensboro, KY has been home to Yager Materials. During this time, Yager has grown to become a premiere producer and service provider within the community and the various yards supplied along the Ohio River. In 2019, Yager Materials merged with Carmeuse Lime & Stone to leverage each company’s strengths to provide our customers with the superior construction services and further diversify our construction portfolio. • Construction Services - Yager has the experience, equipment, and innovative technology to handle all of your construction needs, as small as renting a vehicle to constructing highways for the public and private sector. • Asphalt - Offering environmentally friendly asphalt paving service using hot and warm mix technologies and offering high recycle capabilities. • Aggregate - A leading supplier of construction stone, derrick stone, rip-rap, decorative stone, gravel and sand. • Ready-Mix Concrete - Foremost concrete provider in Western Kentucky, supplying concrete for commercial, residential, and public projects. • Marine - Utilizing our state of the art facility, we build and repair traditional and specialized barges.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Learn more about Yager Materials here.