Cummins Sales & Service is accepting applications for a Diesel Technician (Birmingham and Mobile, AL; Henderson, CO; Rocky Hill, CT; Jacksonville, Miami Lakes, and Orlando, FL; Hodgkins, IL; Lake Charles, LA; Dearborn, MI; Bronx, NY; Cleveland, OH; Harrisburg, PA; Columbia and Summerville, SC; El Paso, TX; West Valley, UT )
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Complete troubleshooting, repairs and rebuilds on engine products and other customer equipment in a service shop.
- Perform preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines, including utilizing computers/software in the process of diagnostic work.
- Apply documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Completing required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Ongoing training and additional certifications on new and existing Cummins products.
- Adhere to all our relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- (Entry) Technician Level I: Limited relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on a minimal number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in maintenance or basic repairs/diagnostics; requires direct supervision and review of workmanship quality.
- (Intermediate) Technician Level II: Some relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on an intermediate number of products in-scope for a diesel technician at this location; primarily engaged in moderately complex maintenance and repair; some exposure to moderate or complex diagnostics, requires limited direct supervision, may provide basic training or guidance to new technicians.
- (Advanced) Technician Level III: Significant relevant technician experience; qualified to perform work on most or all of products in-scope for a technician at this location; frequently engaged in complex diagnosis and repair; requires minimal to no supervision; ability to effectively train and guide less experienced technicians of varying skillsets.
- Must meet all requirements to drive a Company vehicle including a valid driver’s license and insurance
- Must be able to physically lift 50 pounds occasionally, wear required personal protective equipment as required
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems. We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
Cummins has a strong marine heritage dating back to the company’s start in 1919. More than 90 years later, Cummins continues its legacy of providing reliable, durable diesels to the marine market with a broad range of power for commercial applications.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation,
For more information and to apply for this position click here.