Alberici is accepting applications for a Director of Business Development - Water/Wastewater (Englewood, CO)
Alberici Constructors, Inc., a leading firm in the construction industry with annual revenues exceeding $1 billion, and most recently ranked the 30th largest General Contractor in the United States, is searching for a Director of Business Development to lead efforts related to the acquisition of new business within the water market. This may include, but is not limited to, projects related to water and wastewater treatment plants, sewerage and solid waste, and water supply.
Founded in 1918, Alberici is a diversified construction company recognized for superior quality and customer service. With operations throughout North America and clients around the world, we offer general contracting, construction management, and design-build solutions across a broad range of market segments.
Working at Alberici means satisfaction in knowing the work you do helps improve the lives of others. In turn, we continually invest in the development of our employees to provide them with fulfilling careers.
Come build your career with Alberici -- where tomorrow gets built today.
The Director of Business Development has accountability to develop, implement and maintain the prospecting plan for work acquisition opportunities for their assigned markets. This role conducts research, establishes and maintains client relationships, identifies opportunities, prepares proposals, makes presentations, secures new business and monitors client satisfaction.
- Creates a business development prospecting plan for their assigned market(s) that is market specific and includes geographical information, project size, revenue and margin growth.
- Looks for alternate industries that fit Company’s core competencies.
- Utilizes tools and relationships to know what projects are being planned. Understands what stage they are in and how we can position ourselves to capitalize.
- Gains information through publications, municipal web sites, engineer and owner contacts.
- Follows spending trends within the industry.
- Organizes information according to project development stage.
- Formulates strategies for best positioning such as early outreach to clients, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Participates in industry events.
- Relationship Management
- Grows, builds and nurtures relationships in the targeted business markets with clients, engineers and suppliers.
- Maintains and expands relationships with current private sector clients.
- Creates and sustains an effective network of contacts in the targeted business markets through trade, subcontractor, material supplier, industry and professional organizations.
- Utilizes the Company’s marketing system to maintain a database of industry insiders and reaches out to key industry players on a consistent and regular basis.
- Introduces Alberici to new potential partners and clients; educates them to our ability to be of value to them.
- Learns about partners and clients’ likes and dislikes and spends time with them in informal settings.
- Interfaces effectively with Project Development, Marketing and Operations personnel.
- Maintains easy accessibility for clients -- both internal and external.
- Effectively represents the client to the Company.
- Monitors client satisfaction.
- Acts as the company advocate.
- Project Pursuit and Positioning for Success
- Follows up on leads, developing them into opportunities.
- Gains as much information ahead of time to understand what the client’s hot buttons are and how we can formulate our proposal to meet and exceed expectations.
- Looks for those opportunities that allow us to leverage our capabilities for success, i.e. size, complexity, manageable risk profiles that set us apart and give us an advantage.
- Knows the market and how we fit in it.
- Understands the competition, their business model and their client base, suppliers, subs, etc.
- Understands current and potential JV partners strengths, weakness and markets they service.
- Understands different contract types, company preferences and when to advocate for their implementation.
- Thoroughly understands MBE requirements and strategies.
- Utilizes the Company’s marketing tracking system.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other construction-related field, or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction industry sales or business development. Must be willing to travel as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.
Learn more about Alberici here.