Director of Sales-National Accounts (Denver, CO)
GeoStabilization is accepting applications for a Director of Sales in Denver, CO.
Purpose: Our Passion is to innovate and implement optimized solutions that protect people and improve infrastructure.
- Always Do the Right Thing
- Ensure Client Best Value
- Advance the Health, Safety and Future of Our Family
- Bring Your Best, Nothing Less
- Advantage by Innovation
Overview: Founded in 2002, GeoStabilization International® is the leading geohazard mitigation firm operating throughout the United States, Canada, and New Zealand. GeoStabilization specializes in emergency landslide repairs, rockfall mitigation, and grouting using design/build contracting. Today the company has implemented more than 5,500 unique solutions and built a team of more than 600 people composed of geologists, geotechnical engineers, equipment operators, geohazard mitigation technicians, data analysts, and rockfall remediation technicians.
About the Role:
The Director of Sales for National Accounts reports directly to the VP of Client Management and leads all components of the Sales (Project Development) lifecycle and process including talent acquisition, new market and vertical development, revenue generation solution development, best practices, revenue insights, innovative contract models and sales capability development for National Accounts. He/she will be an outcome-oriented leader who is proficient in building strong organizations and executional models that drive both short and long term objectives.
This critical role engages with GSI’s geographically dispersed Project Development Engineers (Sales Engineers/PDE’s). The role is the focal point to assess the current and future needs for revenue generation in order to support the successful achievement of GSI’s strategy and operating plan.
Additionally, the Director of Sales for National Accounts will be adept at interacting strategically with senior leaders while also being ready to roll up their sleeves to drive initiatives in an environment where cross-functional collaboration is vital to success. Possessing a strong sense of humility, humor, and a growth mindset, the Director will operate at pace bringing others along on the journey.
- Partners with the GSI VP of Client Management and Marketing VP in the design, development and implementation of the organization’s overarching revenue growth and market development strategy.
- Deploys a disciplined executional model and cadence that aligns with the company calendar and creates an achievement-based mindset in the company while providing ‘early warning signals’ where adjustments in execution may be required.
- Actively and personally engages in critical customer discussions where required to ensure best possible outcomes and to coach the team.
- Leads the use of data to actively refine pricing strategies, individual/team performance, and deployment of company resources.
- Uses best practices around data analytics, CRM, and enterprise sales forecasting approach and reporting process to establish clear perspectives on overall business and individual performance levels.
- Engages directly with VP of Client Management and East Region VP of Sales to achieve sales goals by providing timely sales analytics including: pipeline analysis, forecasting, Project Development Engineer productivity and performance measurement as well as other salient KPIs.
- Leads effort to pipeline, recruit, and onboard the organization’s next generation of business development talent.
- Partners with People and Talent to build out a learning and development program ensuring GSI’s business development teams remain best in class across all revenue roles. These development efforts should result in significant acceleration of ‘time to impact’ of new members to the team and higher performance of existing sales associates.
- Partners with People and Talent, Operations, and Finance to design, implement, and maintain a motivating Sales Incentive Compensation Plan to drive business performance and employee engagement/retention.
- Drives monthly, quarterly, and annual operational and strategic sales reviews.
- Delivers sales operations-related presentations to the sales organization at global and regional meetings and workshops.
- Creates strategic content and playbooks to educate sales(PDE) teams on processes, resources, talk tracks, value proposition and strategic content that helps differentiate GSI and generate client win’s.
- Partners with marketing to design and run lead generation campaigns geared towards training sales team on follow-up via effective use of marketing and sales enablement materials.
- Designs and develops strategic agreements and contracts for use across business development regions and sectors.
- Engages in new Corporate Development acquisitions to equip the businesses with an optimal revenue generation processes and tools.
- Leads the development, training and communication of the organization-wide pricing strategy and approach.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, marketing, or related field – MBA and/or engineering background is a preference.
- 10 plus years of sales and/or marketing experience.
- Understanding of full lifecycle sales and marketing.
- Experience hiring and developing top sales talent.
- Experience in business development in new vertical markets.
- Ability to directly link the value of sales enablement solutions and initiatives with the business strategy to improve revenue and margin growth.
- Experience in identifying channels/target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate buying decisions.
- Solid knowledge of sales analytics tools (e.g., Salesforce, Zendesk, Power BI or other similar tools).
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in business development and measurement.
- Experience leveraging CRM to maximize revenue generation efforts and tracking.
- Ability to present concepts in new ways and from new perspectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- This role has moderate travel requirements.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Drive for Results: Is action oriented and focused on producing great outcomes for customers and GSI. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; highly results oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others towards the goal
- Critical Thinking: enjoys personally engaging with the team to seek root causes of issues and gaps in the business. Deploys short and long term countermeasures that address the root cause issues.
- Operationally Disciplined: has demonstrated track record of using operational cadence and data inputs to establish goals that are broken down into weekly/daily expectations (daily management) of his/her teams. Uses this mindset to work with teams and coach the organization to meaningfully higher levels of performance.
- Intellectual Horsepower/Learning Agility: Able to grasp complex issues and understand the essence of the challenges at hand. Assimilates new information quickly and does not get overwhelmed when needing to move quickly from one topic to another
- Builds Effective Teams: Blend’s people into teams and inspires them to perform; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; allows people to finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team
- Collaboration: Develops strong relationships with leaders and employees at all levels and areas of responsibility within the company and is able to work effectively across functional boundaries in a dynamic environment
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about GeoStabilization here.