Dispatcher-Gulf Operations (Houston, PA)
Campbell Transportation Company, Inc. is accepting applications for a Dispatcher- Gulf Operations in Houston, PA. The Dispatcher is responsible for optimizing the utilization of CTC marine transportation assets and satisfying our contractual obligations to CTC customers. The Dispatcher works with Sales and Operations to ensure all vessels and barges are operated in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with all governmental and company policies and procedures. This position is located at our Channelview, TX office and reports to the Manager of Horsepower.
- Responsible for optimizing utilization of all marine transportation assets.
- Plan and carry out daily dispatching needs and prepare daily vessel orders to ensure safety, customer service, and productivity goals are achieved.
- Review daily vessel and barge traffic for activity accuracy and keep records in accordance with billing and customer needs.
- Ensure that the contractual obligations are met per customer requirements.
- Provide timely and accurate job status updates to customers
- Coordinate with vendors to accomplish customer and equipment utilization goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Analyze key measurements pertaining to our productivity, customer satisfaction, and operating efficiencies.
- Identify revenue opportunities and optimize the use of the fleet.
- Mitigate the company’s risks and exposure to claims, equipment damage, and safety issues associated with marine operations.
- Collect, manage, and communicate effectively regarding marine incidents and equipment damage.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Educational and Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work a 12-hour rotational schedule, including nights, weekends, or holidays as necessary
- Carry, push, pull or move 10 pounds regularly, or up to 20 pounds occasionally
- Ability to sit up to 12 hours per day
Note that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, and the list of job tasks is not all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
To learn more and apply, click here.
Learn more about Campbell Transportation Company, Inc. here.