Dive Supervisor (Nicholasville, KY and Newark, NJ )
Marine Solutions is seeking a Dive Supervisors whose prime responsibility will be to work underwater using surface supplied air to inspect, repair or adjust equipment and structures. Individual offers knowledge, skills and experience of marine inspections and structures. Dive Supervisor will manage dive team and project scope not limited to onsite services.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directly responsible to the Operations Manager for ensuring that all operations under his supervision are carried out in accordance with established Marine Solutions, Inc. operating and safety policies and procedures
- Develop and implement emergency/contingency procedures
- Be capable of completing all required daily safety sheets and holding daily safety meetings
- Understand the project scope and your part of what needs to be completed
- Know line pull, crane signals
- Possess thorough knowledge of treatment and emergency procedures for all types of diving related accidents
- Thorough knowledge of all ADCI & Governing Regulations that apply to Diving Industry
- Supervise Dive Team; Safely direct Dive Team in all service capabilities
- Use quality assurance techniques and adhere to safety procedures
- Must have the ability to interact with clients in a professional manner
- Assist the Operations Manager in maintaining service equipment and certification for the proper operation of equipment necessary to perform all aspects of the Diving Service
- Bidding and contract negotiations
- Report all accidents or incidents involving personnel in accordance with reporting procedures
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
OTHER FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Appropriate health and safety procedures
- Construction basics (concrete, steel, carpentry, welding, fabricating, etc.)
- Proper rigging techniques
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good organization skills
- Complete tasks assigned
- Be a self-starter
- Valid Driver’s License and Commercial DOT Medical card
- Thorough knowledge of diving practices and theory, and knowledge of equipment uses, repair and maintenance
- Perform other duties as needed
Minimum Qualifications for a Dive Supevisor;
- Graduate from an accredited commercial dive school, Navy, ADC diver card or comply with ANSI diver training requirements
- Current Blood Borne Pathogens, First Aid, CPR, O2 Administration certifications
- Current “Fit to Dive” physical
- 5-6 years Commercial Diver Experience
- 30-hr OSHA Construction Course
- Complete Skills Checklist
All employees must pass a pre-employment drug screen as well as random tests throughout employment.
The following training items are not required, but preferred;
- Certified Welder
- Mechanic background
Must have one of the following;
- Commercial dive school certification.
- Navy dive certification.
- Association of Diving Contractors – Diver Card.
- Completed ANSI requirements for training hours.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
All divers must be able to complete the physical aspects of their job which may require lifting 75 to 100 pounds. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Marine Solutions has become nationally recognized for its expertise in the field of waterfront engineering and is one of the largest capacity small business firms in the United States. Marine Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that exists to provide the best possible service to our clients. To do this, we work to attract the best and the brightest talent that adhere to our principals which include behaving with integrity, working as a team, being dependable, and going above and beyond in all that we do. In turn, we differentiate ourselves by being a responsive and trusted partner for our clients while providing employees with a family atmosphere full of growth opportunities. For the second year in a row we were designated as one of the top 100 Best Places to Work in Kentucky.
For more information and to apply for this position: