Marine Solutions is accepting applications for Dive Supervisors (Nicholasville, KY; Newark, NJ)
Dive Supervisors provide and manage commercial diving services to include underwater inspections and construction as well as associated topside work. This position may also include performing and managing shop and equipment maintenance.
Duties & essential job functions:
- Directly responsible to the Senior Dive Supervisors, Project Managers, and Dive Operations Managers for ensuring that all operations under his supervision are carried out in accordance with established Marine Solutions, Inc. operating and safety policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement emergency/contingency procedures.
- Capable of completing the required daily safety sheets and holding daily safety meetings.
- Understand the project scope and associated tasks, project approach, crew qualifications, client QA/QC and safety requirements, and safety operations and procedures.
- Understand and fluent in rigging procedures and line pull and crane signals.
- Possess thorough knowledge of treatment and emergency procedures for all types of diving-related accidents.
- Thorough knowledge of all OSHA, ADCI, USCB, USACE, and US Navy regulations that apply to our operations.
- Supervise and safely direct assigned dive crew all service capabilities.
- Use quality assurance techniques and adhere to safety procedures.
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Assist with maintaining service equipment and certification for the proper operation of equipment necessary to perform all aspects of diving service.
- Capable of understanding and assisting with project bidding and contract negotiations.
- Capable of reporting all accidents or incidents in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Strong computer skills and a working knowledge of company-used computer programs and equipment.
- Possess good communication, listening, and organizational skills.
- Complete assigned tasks and meet agreed-upon expectations.
- Work hard, remain motivated, and be a self-starter.
Commercial dive school certificate, US Navy dive training certificate, or ADCI dive certification card.
- Current Blood Borne Pathogens, First Aid, CPR, and DAN O2 Administration certifications.
- Valid Driver’s License and Commercial DOT Medical card.
- Current ADCI “Fit to Dive” physical.
- 30-Hour OSHA Construction Course.
- Have integrity, be a good team member, be dependable, and go above and beyond.
- Certified welder.
- Mechanic background.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
All employees must be able to complete the physical aspects of their job which may require lifting 75 to 100 pounds. The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screens throughout employment.
Marine Solutions is a specialized construction and engineering firm focused on building and maintaining waterfront, hydraulic, navigation, and bridge structures. Marine Solutions is a certified small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise (WBE/DBE) and are fully insured for general, marine and professional liability. Our headquarters are in Kentucky with offices in Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio. We offer our services throughout the United States and our valued clients included federal, state and municipal agencies, architectural and engineering firms, construction companies, and industrial entities.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.