J.F. Brennan is accepting applications for a Diver in Ottawa, IL. Does the idea of working on a dynamic team to complete underwater construction projects excite you?
We are hiring Divers! Our Divers will work below the surface of water to inspect, repair, move, and install equipment and structures.
If you have proven experience in commercial diving for construction or related industry this is an ideal position for you.
- Take appropriate safety precautions, such as monitoring dive lengths and depths before diving expeditions begin
- Check and maintain diving equipment, such as helmets, masks, air tanks, harnesses, and gauges
- Perform activities related to underwater search, salvage, recovery, and cleanup operations
- Inspect and or repair dock walls, plant intakes and outflows, underwater pipelines, cables, vessels, bridge foundations, or other structures below the water line, using underwater video system, acoustic imagining equipment, small hydraulic or pneumatic hand tools
- Cut and weld steel, using underwater welding equipment and burning equipment.
- Recover objects by placing rigging around sunken objects, hooking rigging to crane lines, and operating winches, derricks, or cranes to raise objects
- Take test samples or photographs to assess the condition of vessels or structures
- Remove obstructions from screens or marine railway or launching ways, using pneumatic or hydraulic power hand tools
- Set or guide placement of pilings to provide support for structures such as docks, bridges, cofferdams, or platforms
- Ability to travel 100% of the time
- 1+ years of previous commercial diving experience
- Current ADCI certification card
- The ability to verbally and draw/sketch images to accurately describe your underwater findings to topside personnel while underwater
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter, highly organized, and creative
- Superior time management and organizational capabilities, including the ability to accurately benchmark project length, deliver on deadlines
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the fifth year in a row.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan here.