Acquired in October of 2014, Donora River Terminal (DRT) is a 50-acre river terminal conveniently located along the banks of the Monongahela River just south of the city of Pittsburgh. This location, in the middle of western Pennsylvania’s mining region, makes DRT an ideal staging point for river transportation of metallurgical and thermal coals. DRT is a vital link between local steel producers and the high-quality metallurgical mines in the area, enabling us to be an unparalleled low-cost transportation solution to these industries. DRT has services to load and unload both trucks and barges.
- Quick and easy access to interstate network with its close proximity to : I-70, PA Rt. 837, PA Rt. 51, & PA Rt. 43.
- Dock facility with almost 1 mile of riverfront for barge loading and unloading capabilities of bulk and discrete products. Located at
- Monongahela River Milepost 34.
- Skilled and experienced team at material blending and handling.
- Expansive storage with room for over 250,000 tons of material, ensuring year-round inventory availability.
- Capable of loading out 200,000 tons of material monthly.