Yager Materials is accepting applications for a Dredge Engineer (Owensboro, KY)
The dredge engineer is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the sand & gravel dredge and its processing plant.
- Support and maintain a safe workplace
- Daily start-up and shut down of dredge and its processing plant
- Monitor dredge equipment throughout the day to insure plant is operating safely and efficiently
- Lead/direct tasks to coworkers involved in dredge operations
- Perform daily pre-shift inspections of work area
- Document and maintain records of servicing, production, inspections, training, and fuel transfers to meet company and MSHA standards
- Assist in performing preventative maintenance on dredge equipment
- Conduct quality control test of aggregate by sieve analysis to insure aggregate specifications are meet
- Communicate with boat pilots to insure timely and efficient barge switches
- Previous sand & gravel dredge experience preferred
- Previous aggregate plant maintenance preferred
- Previous experience working on the river
- High School Diploma or GED
About the Team
With over 100 years of experience, Owensboro, KY has been home to Yager Materials. During this time, Yager has grown to become a premiere producer and service provider within the community and the various yards supplied along the Ohio River. In 2019, Yager Materials merged with Carmeuse Lime & Stone to leverage each company’s strengths to provide our customers with the superior construction services and further diversify our construction portfolio. • Construction Services - Yager has the experience, equipment, and innovative technology to handle all of your construction needs, as small as renting a vehicle to constructing highways for the public and private sector. • Asphalt - Offering environmentally friendly asphalt paving service using hot and warm mix technologies and offering high recycle capabilities. • Aggregate - A leading supplier of construction stone, derrick stone, rip-rap, decorative stone, gravel and sand. • Ready-Mix Concrete - Foremost concrete provider in Western Kentucky, supplying concrete for commercial, residential, and public projects. • Marine - Utilizing our state of the art facility, we build and repair traditional and specialized barges.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Learn more about Yager Materials here.