Inland Rivers HR, the premier HR Outsourcing company, has an immediate opening for a Dredge Tender Pilot on the Missouri River. The dredge travels between St. Louis and Jefferson City, MO. This position is responsible for the safe navigation of the vessel, management and direction of crew, and coordination loading and moorings with the dredge and docks. This position works 12 hours days, five days a week.
- Coordinate movement of sand barges between dock and dredge.
- Position dredge for mining and dock for unloading using the vessel, crew and equipment such as winches, capstan, lines, etc.
- Stays abreast of river conditions and weather pattern changes that may impact navigation.
- Uses radar, radios, and navigational aids in safe operation of the vessel.
- Conducts monthly drills and safety meetings in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures that each deck, dredge, and shore crewmember knows & understands all hazards and safety requirements.
- Completes and submits daily, weekly and monthly reports to management including personal and property accident reports.
- Supports compliance with USCG regulations and environmental laws.
- Ensures maintenance and upkeep of the vessel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have and maintain a valid USCG Master of Towing, Radar Endorsement, and TWIC.
- Have experience and skill operating tugboats effectively while station-holding and shifting of barges for loading during dredging operations.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Local knowledge of currents and geography.
Interested applicants should submit a resume directly to email@example.com