EDA Publishes New Notice of Funding Opportunity
Under this NOFO, EDA solicits applications from applicants in order to provide investments that support construction, non construction, planning, technical assistance, and revolving loan fund projects under EDA’s Public Works program and EAA program (which includes Assistance to Coal Communities, Nuclear Closure Communities, and Biomass Closure Communities). Grants and cooperative agreements made under these programs are designed to leverage existing regional assets and support the implementation of economic development strategies that advance new ideas and creative approaches to advance economic prosperity in distressed communities, including those negatively impacted by changes to the coal economy and nuclear power plant closures.
The Public Works program provides resources to meet the construction and/or infrastructure design needs of communities to enable them to become more
Supported activities under EDA’s EAA program include construction and non-construction such as construction or upgrading of public infrastructure, sectoral
partnerships for workforce training, design and engineering, technical assistance, economic recovery strategies, and capitalization or re-capitalization of Revolving Loan Funds (RLF).
There are no application submission deadlines and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
EDA supports bottom-up strategies that build on regional assets to spur economic growth and resiliency. EDA encourages its grantees throughout the country to develop initiatives that present new ideas and creative approaches to advance economic prosperity in distressed communities.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- State governments
- County governments
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Private institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
For more information about this funding opportunity, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=346815
For additional funding opportunities, please visit https://www.irpt.net/funding-opportunities/.