Horner & Shifrin is accepting applications for an Electrical Designer (St. Louis, MO)
Horner & Shifrin is seeking a full-time Electrical Designer to work in our Building Services business unit. This position requires 5+ years
- Design of electrical lighting, power, and auxiliary systems for education, recreational, commercial, housing, and healthcare buildings. Projects also include water/wastewater
- Prepare electrical, low voltage and special systems project construction documents
- Work from detailed sketches developed by self or others to produce complex computer-generated construction drawings while coordinating details and dimensions between drawing sheets and between other involved disciplines
- Revise/update drawings, exhibits, and sketches previously prepared or marked up by other Technicians or Engineers.
- Follow company quality control standards
- Develop work products that require a minimum of “rework” due either to errors/omissions or poor visual presentation
- Recommend ways to improve department procedures.
- Keep project manager and designated supervisor abreast of workload variations, and request additional work before needed.
- Attention to detail is required. Communicate any issues or design mistakes found with dimensions and constructability to the Project Manager during drawing development along with the correct solution
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Experience in building electrical systems (preferred)
- Ability to traverse sites, including walking over rough terrain
- Ability to expand knowledge base and learn from others in the department.
- Ability to efficiently use REVIT for electrical design and production of construction documents
- Strong listening, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven work history, strong work ethic, and team-player.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must complete a background check.
Associate in Applied Science degree in Drafting Technology (preferred)
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Our company is devoted to improving the infrastructure of the communities in which we live and work, and our employees are the foundation for clients we serve. Horner & Shifrin is dedicated to the personal and professional development of each and every one of our employees.
As a multidisciplinary professional services firm, Horner & Shifrin is often selected to provide expertise in multiple disciplines on a single project. Employees working in different departments pool their resources, working together to foster innovation and save our clients time and money. With four generations of engineers, technicians, and support staff working side by side, a career at Horner & Shifrin gives anyone starting in the field a chance to learn from those around them.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.