Garver Engineering is accepting applications for an Electrical Engineer in North Little Rock, AR. Garver’s growing Electrical team is seeking an Electrical Engineer in our North Little Rock, Arkansas office that will be responsible for working with our staff on a wide array of facility, building, and airport-related design, construction, project administration, and client management services for a variety of clients.
General responsibilities will include electrical design and construction support as required for a variety of projects. Many of the expected assignments will be related to developing infrastructure improvements to facilities, including the investigation, planning, design, and construction of electrical power, lighting, controls, communications, and other special systems. It is the intent for this individual to be cross-trained between facility and aviation related design and construction tasks. Aviation related tasks also include design and construction for airport airside electrical systems, including runway, taxiway, and apron lighting and signage, hangar design, and power systems for airfield lighting. The successful engineer will need to be self-motivated, and able to work independently on multiple projects with varying schedules and deadlines.
As responsibilities grow, this engineer will have the opportunity to work on facilities and airports throughout Garver’s service area. The engineer may also perform onsite construction observation duties, construction administration and submittal reviews for projects under construction.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with your electrical team to develop detailed design and specification documents for facilities, including one-line (single line) diagrams, power plans, lighting plans, and required design calculations under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Coordinating with other support discipline activities on projects, coordinating with regional Garver offices and regulating agencies, construction cost estimating, and quality assurance and control.
- Assisting the Electrical Team Leader in coordinating schedules, managing multiple assignments concurrently, monitoring project budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products which adhere to Garver standards.
- Some regional travel may be required as projects may require field work for site assessment of project locations and support during construction. Occasionally this travel may involve overnight stays. Regional travel is estimated at 10-20% of time, however if desired there will be opportunities to provide full-time or extensive part-time observation early in your career to provide accelerated hands-on learning and provide a grounding for your design work.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience
- Engineer in Training (EI/EIT) license.
- Career goal to obtain PE registration in Texas and other states of practice.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present designs and technical information to coworkers and clients in front of groups.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience working with design software packages such as AutoCAD, REVIT, and/or Civil 3D.
- Previous experience working with power modeling packages such as SKM and EasyPower.
- Self motivated and ability to work independently or collaboratively.
- Field investigation experience and/or electrician’s license
- Technical skills to work, or learn to work, safely and competently with electrical testing equipment.
- Passion for Electrical, Aviation, and other special system Projects.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, and a comprehensive wellness program; Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multidisciplined engineering, planning, and environmental services firm with more than 1,000 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities, federal, survey, transportation, water, and wastewater, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Garver Engineering here.