Garver is accepting applications for an Electrical Engineer - Water (Fayetteville, AR; College Station, TX)
As part of the Water Design Center for Garver, this Electrical Engineer will be responsible for developing power distribution, instrumentation, controls, and SCADA designs in support of various Water Services projects company wide. Diversity in high-volume, custom plant projects will allow this engineer the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members, and actively participate in marketing initiatives.
General responsibilities will include electrical power and I&C support as required for a variety of water and wastewater projects, but the majority of the expected assignments will be related to developing power distribution, instrumentation and control designs for new water and wastewater treatments plants, improvements to existing water and wastewater treatment facilities, and various other conveyance projects.
Day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing detailed designs for water and wastewater treatment plant power distribution systems, including one-lines, power plans, and lighting plans
- Developing detail control schematics, control systems development, instrumentation systems, SCADA systems, and power monitoring systems
- Preparing design calculations, coordinating with other support discipline activities on projects, coordinating with regional Garver offices and regulating agencies, construction cost estimating, and quality assurance and control
- Assisting the Electrical Team Leader in managing and mentoring teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring project budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products which adhere to Garver standardization
- Some travel may be required as projects may require field work for site assessment.
- Perform design work in AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit software.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as an individual as well as in a Team environment.
- Write specifications and ensure coordination of their preparation with other disciplines.
- Represent Garver with clients at design meetings as assigned.
- Assist with preparation of project fee cost estimates.
- Contact utility authorities for confirmation of availability, coordination of service entry points, and confirming facility requirements for obtaining service from the utility.
- Consult with local regulatory agencies for conformance of design standards.
- Complete details and advanced calculations.
About Garver’s Water Design Center:
The Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs. The WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom plant projects with advanced technologies. Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer’s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited program
- EIT (Engineer in Training) or ability to have within 6 months of hire.
- Basic knowledge and skills experience with Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and/or Revit CAD programs
- Working knowledge of water and wastewater treatment plant systems
- Working knowledge of SCADA network communications
- Experience overseeing electrical designs, including detailed plans and specifications for major projects
- Technically competent in electrical engineering design including power distribution systems, controls, instrumentation, and SCADA systems.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, and NFPA 820
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.