Yager Materials is accepting applications for an Electrician Apprentice (Battlettown, KY)
Responsibilities & Duties:
- In a training capacity and under the guidance of an OJT monitor/mentor inspect, isolate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical malfunctions and equipment using various test instruments; maintain and repair electrical systems; test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency; fabricate electrical parts; participates in the maintenance and operation of electrical tools and equipment used by the operation
- In a training capacity and under the guidance of an OJT monitor/mentor troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical systems including electric motors, electric controls, scales, and other electric equipment
- In a training capacity and under the guidance of an OJT monitor/mentor test & monitor electrical systems, equipment, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- In a training capacity and under the guidance of an OJT monitor/mentor ensures the proper function of electrical safety devices
- In a training capacity and under the guidance of an OJT monitor/mentor installs, troubleshoots and repairs new equipment and systems
- Trains and learns requirements for adherence to the NEC requirements
- In a training capacity and under the guidance of an OJT monitor/mentor maintains appropriate service and repair records, (records necessary for MSHA)
- In a training capacity and under the guidance of an OJT monitor/mentor analyze and responds safely and appropriately to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service
- In a training capacity and under the guidance of an OJT monitor/mentor follows blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to conform to the building and safety codes
- In a training capacity and under the guidance of an OJT monitor/mentor any other duties as assigned by management
- High School Graduate or GED equivalency
- Basic technical and electrical knowledge
- Basic computer and MS office suite software knowledge
- Demonstrable teamwork and maturity with a strong work ethic ·
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Yager Materials Provides a competitive compensation package:
- Group medical/pharmacy insurance options with company funded health care spending accounts
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- A 401k account with company contribution and matching contribution
- A robust Wellness program with financial rewards
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance (employee, spouse, and child) and additional employee long-term disability insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid holidays and paid vacation time
- Tuition benefits including professional certifications
- Employee referral program
READY TO JOIN A ROCK-SOLID FAMILY?
Carmeuse started out as a small family-run business in Belgium.
Today it’s a leading global producer of lime, high calcium limestone and dolomitic stone. Its products are essential to energy producers, environmental services, construction and manufacturing.
With over 90 production facilities spread across almost every continent, and over 4,500 employees working at Carmeuse every day, the company’s most treasured resources are its people.
Carmeuse is dedicated to maintaining a workplace that fosters equal opportunity and creates a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require particular assistance with any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you can submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com. This option is reserved for people requiring adaptation due to a disability. The information received will be processed by Carmeuse and then directed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure the proper consideration of the application or hiring process.
ABOUT THE TEAM
With over 100 years of experience, Owensboro, KY has been home to Yager Materials. During this time, Yager has grown to become a premiere producer and service provider within the community and the various yards supplied along the Ohio River. In 2019, Yager Materials merged with Carmeuse Lime & Stone to leverage each company’s strengths to provide our customers with the superior construction services and further diversify our construction portfolio. • Construction Services - Yager has the experience, equipment, and innovative technology to handle all of your construction needs, as small as renting a vehicle to constructing highways for the public and private sector. • Asphalt - Offering environmentally friendly asphalt paving service using hot and warm mix technologies and offering high recycle capabilities. • Aggregate - A leading supplier of construction stone, derrick stone, rip-rap, decorative stone, gravel and sand. • Ready-Mix Concrete - Foremost concrete provider in Western Kentucky, supplying concrete for commercial, residential, and public projects. • Marine - Utilizing our state of the art facility, we build and repair traditional and specialized barges.