Yager Materials is accepting applications for an Electrician (Battletown, KY)
- Working on assigned projects with little to no supervision, performing installation, construction, modification, repair and maintenance of electrical apparatuses, equipment and systems ensuring the work is performed in accordance with all relevant codes and safety standards.
- Inspect, isolate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical malfunctions and equipment using various test instruments; maintain and repair electrical systems; test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency; fabricate electrical parts; participates in the maintenance and operation of electrical tools and equipment used by the operation
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical systems including electric motors, electric controls, scales, and other electric equipment
- Test & monitor electrical systems, equipment, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Ensures the proper function of electrical safety devices
- Installs, troubleshoots and repairs new equipment and systems
- Assists in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction
- Maintains appropriate service and repair records, (records necessary for MSHA)
- Analyzes and responds safely and appropriately to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service
- Follows blue prints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to conform to the building and safety codes
- Assist in ordering / recommending the proper parts and required equipment
- And other duties as assigned by management
- Previous industrial plant experience preferred
- Demonstrated competency in preventative, predictive, basic care practices, and computerized electrical maintenance management systems;
- Six Sigma training is a plus
- Basic Computer Logic and Programming knowledge
- Inspection and identification and knowledge of all electrical distribution systems (12 to 5K volts) in an industrial setting
- Demonstrable team work and maturity with a strong work ethic
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fluency in spoken and written English
About the Team
With over 100 years of experience, Owensboro, KY has been home to Yager Materials. During this time, Yager has grown to become a premiere producer and service provider within the community and the various yards supplied along the Ohio River. In 2019, Yager Materials merged with Carmeuse Lime & Stone to leverage each company’s strengths to provide our customers with the superior construction services and further diversify our construction portfolio. • Construction Services - Yager has the experience, equipment, and innovative technology to handle all of your construction needs, as small as renting a vehicle to constructing highways for the public and private sector. • Asphalt - Offering environmentally friendly asphalt paving service using hot and warm mix technologies and offering high recycle capabilities. • Aggregate - A leading supplier of construction stone, derrick stone, rip-rap, decorative stone, gravel and sand. • Ready-Mix Concrete - Foremost concrete provider in Western Kentucky, supplying concrete for commercial, residential, and public projects. • Marine - Utilizing our state of the art facility, we build and repair traditional and specialized barges.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Learn more about Yager Materials here.