American Commercial Barge Line is seeking a skilled and motivated Electrician to join our team. With a strong focus on safety, quality, and customer satisfaction, we take pride in our team of skilled professionals who make it possible for us to exceed our clients' expectations. As an electrician you will perform the essential functions of the coal transfer process in an efficient and timely manner.
This is a nightshift position from 6PM - 6AM with rotational days worked (i.e., Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Week 2: Wednesday & Thursday)
When you join ACBL…
American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) is one of the largest and most diversified marine transportation companies in the U.S. Our legacy of providing the nation with the most economical, safest, and greenest mode of transportation dates all the way back to 1915, when we began moving coal on the Kentucky River. We offer a wide range of career paths in both operations and support services. Whether you are interested in working on the river or in an office, we are always searching for the best of the best to join our ACBL team.
What you will be doing... Your IMPACT
- Installation and repair of conveyors, familiar with Allen Bradley Control Logix and general PLC control functions.
- Repair, test, adjust, or install electronic equipment, such as industrial controls and motors, conveyors, lights, and electrical power equipment.
- Repair of heavy equipment such as bulldozers, cranes, backhoes, etc. with the ability to read and understand the manufacturers specifications, blueprints, and sketches.
- Complete preventative maintenance and repair activities in a coal processing terminal. Equipment includes conveying systems, and machinery necessary to move coal within the facility.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of the properties of electric energy and the principles of electric machinery.
What we are looking for...
You will need to have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2-5 years of heavy electrical experience in a construction, terminal, or dry material transfer environment.
- Previous high voltage experience required.
- Must pass and maintain safety/operation requirements of manlift operation.
- Must be able to climb heights and work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to a rotating shift, including weekends.
- Cannot have any current pending criminal charges or be on probation.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Adhere to all ACBL policies, United States Coast Guard (USCG) and environmental regulations.
- Ability to train on a dayshift from 6AM - 6PM until fully trained up to three (3) months.
Reasons you will love working at ACBL …
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for overtime pay.
- Healthcare, including medical, dental & vision.
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- A chance to be part of a supportive team in the inland river transportation industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about American Commercial Barge Line here.