GHD is accepting applications for an Emergency Response Area Manager (Dallas, TX)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has an exciting opportunity foran Emergency Response Area Manager to be based in our Dallas, TX office.
Working within one of our experienced multi-disciplinary teams, you will:
- This is senior position that directs, manages, and assists with spill response services in Dallas and surrounding areas
- Develop partnerships with local/regional OSRO to provide support services such as: air monitoring; environmental sampling, documentation, and risk assessment; ICS management; SCAT; waste management, etc.
- Prepare of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets - Data compilation, reduction, interpretation, evaluation/comparison to environmental regulatory standards
- Interpret and implement environmental regulations, including RCRA and CERCLA
- Coordinate small- to large-scale projects including maintenance of project schedules and budgets and coordination of project staff.
What you will bring to the team:
- BS or MS in Emergency Management/Spill Response and/or natural resource field (such as chemistry, biology, earth sciences, environmental engineering, environmental sciences) preferred
- 8 to 10 years of experience in spill response, management, assessment, and cleanup preferred
- Experienced in air monitoring, environmental assessment/sampling, ICS, SCAT
- Strong problem solving abilities and aptitude
- Ability to present technical information, both written and orally, in a concise and professional manner
- Ability to effectively communicate with other technical professionals, clients, and regulatory officials is a must
- Positive attitude, very strong interpersonal skills
- Travel required up to 75% of the time (local and Continental U.S.) - Willingness to respond to call outs during non-routine working hours
- Self-starter, flexible team player, willing/able to work on a wide variety of tasks
- Current OHSA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, ICS certification
- PHMSA and US Coast Guard experience and regulatory knowledge is a plus
- Must reside in Dallas or surrounding area
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
For more information and to apply click here.