GHD is accepting applications for an Emergency Response Business Group Leader (Dallas and Houston, TX)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is growing and we are looking for exceptional people to grow with us.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Emergency Response Business Group Leader to be based from either our Dallas aor Houston, TX. offices. This position requires a driven professional with a combination of strong leadership, excellent business acumen, and exceptional people and influencing skills. This professional should be able to enhance the GHD Emergency Response business and maintain a strong supporting team.
- Build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with the Business Group’s key clients and other stakeholders
- Collaborate on and/or Develop and implement Business Group Business Plan
- Sustainable growth of the Business Group's net revenue
- Compliance with requirements of the GHD HSE Management system and management participation matrix
- Drive culture of accountability and commercial performance.
- Monitor and manage backlog, utilization, DSO, variances, and markups.
- Development of job/scope of work packages, budgets, and progress
- Resourcing management and allocation
- Manage and mitigate risks
- S. or M.S. degree in Environmental Engineering, Envrionmental Sciences, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study
- Minimum 10 years of experience within the Environmental Consuting industry
- Experience in spill response, management, assessment, and cleanup
- Experienced in air monitoring, ICS, environmental assessment/sampling, SCAT
- Ability to effectively communicate with other technical professionals, clients, and regulatory officials is a must
- Strong problem solving abilities and aptitude
- Ability to present technical information, both written and orally, in a concise and professional manner
- Positive attitude, very strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (mostly local, some regional)
- Willingness to response to call outs during non-routine working hours
- Self-starter, flexible team player, willing/able to work on a wide variety of tasks
- OHSA 40-hour HAZWOPER training considered an asset
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
For more information and to apply click here.