GeoStabilization is accepting applications for an Employee & Labor Relations Specialist in Denver, CO.
Who is GeoStabilization International®?
GeoStabilization International® (GSI) develops and installs innovative solutions that protect people and infrastructure from the dangers of geohazards. We specialize in emergency landslide repairs, rockfall mitigation, and grouting using cutting edge design/build and design/build/warranty contracting. GeoStabilization International is the leading geohazard mitigation and bridge rehabilitation firm operating throughout the United States, Canada, and Australasia. Our expertise, proprietary tools, and worldwide partnerships allow us to repair virtually any slope stability or foundation problem in any geologic setting.
GeoStabilization’s culture is unique. It is fast-paced, family oriented, innovative & decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant challenge and will suit people who are driven to succeed, not afraid to make decisions, courageous and resilient enough to find their own way and believe that “good enough” isn’t good enough. Everyone working at GSI is a representation of pride, integrity, hard work, skill and overcoming challenges. GSI’s team includes some of the brightest and most dedicated professionals in the geohazard mitigation industry. We are a highly functioning family of gritty, hardworking, real men and women who aren’t afraid of getting dirty to get the job done.
What You Will Do
The Employee & Labor Relations Manager leads in executing, proactive labor/management relations strategies and actions to ensure positive employee relations and to enable business priority achievement. Provides day-to-day and strategic labor relations consultation and support to leaders of non-union represented employees in a mixed union/non-union environment. Partners with other HR functional areas and leads the business to ensure GSI is a world class organization relative to labor relations. When GSI hires you, we believe we are hiring the next leader and everything we do is about setting you up to be personally and professionally successful. Additionally, we offer the best total rewards in the industry. We share our success with a meaningful profit-sharing plan plus Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short- and Long-Term Disability as well as a matching 401K.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Develop strategy around positive employee relations and enable frontline supervisors in building strong, direct relationships with employees
- Develop strategic plans and lead execution for union representation election campaigns
- Deliver strategic problem-solving leveraging data and business leader relationship building
- Drive effective large-scale, company-wide program management
- Ability to drive multiple pro-active initiatives cross-functionally, in collaborative, matrixed environment
- Work as a close partner with Legal counsel and be accountable for building and maintaining relationships with a network of labor law firms to ensure GSI’s compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Work closely with the People & Talent team, including our People & Talent Partners in all aspects of this work.
- Conducts investigations of internal complaints or issues that may be a breach of policy or federal/state laws.
- Objectively works to resolve situations to maximize the balance between business objectives and business risk.
- Support in the development and execution of large-scale, ongoing ER strategic labor and engagement strategies, processes and initiatives including content development, presentation of materials, coordination of meetings and ongoing maintenance of project documentation
- Administers US Employment policies and provides policy education, guidance and interpretation that ensures compliance in a manner consistent with the GSI culture and in support of GSI’s various labor relations policies and contracts
- Contribute to establishment of organization's strategic goals
What You Need to Bring
- 8+ years in either an HR/Labor Relations role in a union environment or equivalent education and experience combination
- Has first-hand experience in the strategic planning and execution of union strategy and collective bargaining experience
- Practical knowledge and proven employment-related practices such as grievance advocacy, arbitrations and agency charges
- Experience at the table in contract negotiations, contract administration and interpretation, investigations, and grievance handling.
- Has experience conducting EEOC and other employee relations investigations
Skills you need to have:
- Leverage data to develop resolutions to complex problems that require frequent use of creativity
- Program management – organize and drive activities related to multiple interconnected initiatives accomplishing a single strategy
- Results oriented – perseverance to press through obstacles and engage the necessary resources to achieve objectives
- Communication and influence – highly effective written & verbal communication along with strong influencing behaviors
- Leadership presence – regular interaction and influence of manager and above levels, company-wide
- Analytical mindset - analytical approach with the ability to translate data into meaningful solutions
- Attention to detail – ability to assess high level trends as well as identify smaller issues that can have broader impact on the business
- Data management – good functional capabilities across the Microsoft office suite, specifically TEAMs, SharePoint, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Stakeholder management and reporting – ability to incorporate user requirements into processes, recommendations, and on-going programs
- Understanding and ability to apply all aspects of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) as well as employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including but not limited to Title VII, EEO, ADA and FMLA; and, associated employment laws
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about GeoStabilization here.