Taylor Machine Works is accepting applications for Engineer-Mobile Systems (Louisville, MS).
Performs assignments requiring application of standard engineering techniques to carry out tasks which lead to accountability for the design, development, and evaluation of Taylor products focusing on the areas of electrical components, electronic systems, controls, and hydraulic fluid power systems.
Nature & Scope:
This is an entry-level engineering position. The incumbent reports to the Engineering Group Leader for the Support Group which is responsible for mobile hydraulic, electrical and control systems. They receive specific assignments from Project Engineers or Sr. Project Engineers.
Using standard engineering methods, the incumbent performs smaller portions of larger projects assigned to a more experienced Engineer. In doing this, the incumbent prepares 2D CAD and 3D CAD models, finished technical drawings, designates materials, and defines manufacturing practices to comply with specified standards. The incumbent confers with drafting personnel assigned to complete detailed technical drawings. The incumbent coordinates with production personnel to plan, complete, and document physical prototypes.
The supervisor screens assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects techniques and procedures to be applied on non-routine work. Supervisor confers frequently to assure correct methods are utilized.
- Develop knowledge of mobile electrical and hydraulic systems through practical implementation of components on machinery and use of ANSI symbols to define circuit function.
- Design, prototype, test, and document electrical and electro-hydraulic circuits.
- Teams with more experienced technicians, designers, and engineers to complete broader prototyping tasks, but will also bear sole responsibility for smaller prototypes and design projects.
- Designs and develops functional prototypes to conform to customer orders or assignments by superiors. These may vary between electrical circuits, wiring, wire harnesses, hydraulic systems integration, and vehicle control systems.
- With assistance from project team members, provides functional supervision to technicians, production personnel, and drafting personnel assigned to the implementation of projects.
- Conducts research, analysis and evaluation of current project defects, development and recommending revision when necessary to maintain the company’s competitive position in its chosen markets.
- This position requires a BS in Mechanical Engineering or a BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Practical experience with electrical harnesses and wiring is a plus.
- Practical experience with mechanical systems and heavy mobile equipment is a plus.
- Must be an effective communicator and comfortable in team-oriented environment.
- Must be willing to have hands-on involvement with heavy mobile machinery
To learn more and apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Taylor Machine Works here.