The Waterborne Commerce Statistics Center is accepting applications for an Entry Level Position in New Orleans, LA.
About the Position:
This position is with the US Army Corps of Engineers, Institute for Water Resources (IWR), Waterborne Commerce Statistics Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70160.
This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
This position is being filled at the GS-07, GS-09 or target GS-11 grade level. Duties described reflect the full performance GS-11 grade level. Duties will be performed in a developmental capacity under close supervision.
- Serves as a Navigation Analyst; performs quality controls, distribute and archive U.S. domestic and foreign vessel trip and cargo data, navigation infrastructure inventory, and documentation of vessels available for operation in waterborne commerce.
- Works extensively with federal, state agencies and private industry to accomplish the collecting and processing of waterborne statistics.
- Ensures the necessary integration and coordination of Waterborne Commerce Statistics Center (WCSC) data into the larger framework of transportation.
- Responsible for the statistical validity of waterborne transportation statistics produced by the Organization.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires proof in the form of transcripts, certifications, and licenses for the Occupational Series applied under.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.