C.J. Mahan Construction Co. is dedicated to providing rewarding careers to their employees. They offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as opportunities for advancement.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, C.J. Mahan Construction Company, LLC is a heavy-civil and marine contractor with a proven track-record for success on some of the most challenging and complex infrastructure projects east of the Mississippi.
Perhaps best known for their expertise in major bridge structures, Mahan has nearly forty years of experience in the design and construction of a wide range of bridge types, including welded steel girder, cable-stayed steel and concrete, long-span steel truss, railroad, precast concrete, and concrete segmental bridges, many of which involved marine-based construction operations in and over navigable waterways.
Other marine facilities experience includes lock chambers, gate structures, dams, piers and industrial docks, barge loading facilities, and deep-water cofferdams. Additionally, their experience and capabilities also include construction of deep heavy-capacity foundations, including drilled shafts, large-diameter driven steel piling, driven steel piles, micro-piles, and large reinforced concrete spread footings.
The Safety Manager is responsible for developing and managing the accident prevention program and the laws that relate to the safety of our employees.
- Directs and administers specific functions of the Accident Prevention Program at the company or project level
- Develop and facilitate appropriate, relevant and dynamic training
- Develop and communicate useful data analytics to drive safety performance and program excellence
- Ability to oversee multiple projects
- Promotes the company safety culture between clients, co-workers and subcontractors;
- Supports all Safety Committee Initiatives on site
- Conducts work area assessments
- Participate in job related injuries, illnesses and property damage claims and recommend remedial action as needed
- Maintains industry awareness
- Ensure proper documentation has been prepared and maintained on asset loss and workers compensation claims
- Promotes and displays company values
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field from an accredited institution and 1 – 2 years experience.
- Good Computer knowledge and efficiency, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a professional image, capable of handling highly confidential information
- Presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment that may require long hours, including nights and weekends
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
C.J. Mahan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law. Minorities and females encouraged to apply.
Apply to this job opportunity by clicking here: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Mahan%20Construction%20Co&from=sug&vjk=edcecfb2abd6389d