Environmental Analyst and Planner – Solid Waste & Recycling (Kansas City, MO)
Burns & McDonnell is accepting applications for an Environmental Analyst and Planner-Solid Waste Recycling in Kansas, MO.
Burns & McDonnell has an opening for solid waste and recycling professionals with 4 years of experience to join our Environmental Services (ENS) team at our corporate office in Kansas City, Mo. The successful candidate will work in a team atmosphere managing projects, performing detailed technical, financial and operational analyses to assist our municipal clients plan for a sustainable future of waste management and resource recovery within their communities. Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned firm ranked numerous times on FORTUNE’s List of 100 Best Companies to Work For and voted as a Best Place to Work in cities across the United States.
Our Environmental Services team supports a variety of projects typically related to solid waste planning and management, stormwater quality and management, site development, soil and groundwater remediation, biogas, and sustainability related projects. The nature of our projects and clients afford staff early career opportunities to interface with clients, participate in pursuits, and represent Burns & McDonnell through client and conference presentations.
The Environmental Analyst And Planner Will Have The Following Areas Of Responsibility
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with an eagerness to embrace ongoing challenges associated with the wide variety of environmental projects we support.
- Development of solid waste and recycling plans and studies.
- Research, analysis, and compilation of project data necessary to meet planning objectives.
- Evaluate solid waste and recycling services, operations, facilities, and policies.
- Perform regulatory, code compliance, and policy development support services.
- Assist in public information and engagement activities.
- Develop project reports, analytical work papers, and project presentations.
- Prepare project proposals and other business development efforts.
- Support the environmental engineering and sustainability services in waste management facility design and permitting, stormwater management, landfill gas management, operations planning, construction quality assurance.
- Preparation and analysis of financial projections and forecasts.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies/Science, Sustainability, Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, Urban Planning, or other related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of related experience (8 years of experience preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in the solid waste and recycling profession preferred.
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Access preferred, but not required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
Job Business Analysts
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Req ID: 231421
Job Hire Type Experienced
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Burns & McDonnell here.