GHD is accepting applications for an Environmental Engineer (Plainville, CT)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our office in Hartford, CT is looking for an Environmental Engineer to join their team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the future of our Contamination Assessment & Remediation service line through the coordination and implementation of a wide range of environmental solutions and projects for our clients.
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
- Preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, reports, work plans, and project specifications
- Coordinate and implement project permitting
- Interpretation/evaluation of environmental regulations
- Data compilation, reduction, and interpretation
- Field oversight of environmental sampling and construction activities
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification with intent to pursue Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Connecticut Licensed Environmental Professional (LEP) or ability to acquire
- 3-5 years of experience in environmental consulting including environmental permitting & compliance, remediation & design, site assessments, report writing, data management & interpretation and project coordination
- Experience working on environmental projects within the Federal market is highly desired
- Experience in coordinating and simultaneously managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a consulting environment is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability work in a fast paced environment
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel and perform field work throughout the region
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
For more information and to apply click here.