GHD is accepting applications for an Environmental Field Technician-Remediation Practice (Concord, CA)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. As an Environmental Field Technician, you will support a diversity of projects in challenging and unique settings. You will work diligently as an integral member of the GHD team to deliver meaningful information to our clients. You will interface directly with clients, engage with contractors and be largely responsible for your own work, and become a trusted point of contact for our clients. Duties will evolve with experience and no day will be just like the last. Working with the Environmental Contamination, Assessment and Remediation group in either our Santa Rosa, California or Concord, California offices, this position offers a variety of projects throughout the Bay Area.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide front line operation & maintenance, start-up and troubleshooting for a variety of remediation systems such as soil vapor extraction and dual phase extraction
- Collect samples of groundwater, surface water, soil vapor, soil and remediation system process samples
- Conduct daily tailgate safety briefings, prepare field notes, and complete O&M forms/checklists
- Environmental compliance documentation and contractor monitoring
- Report/specifications production and regulatory standard interpretation
What you will bring to the team
- Strong mechanical diagnostic skills and aptitude
- Ability to work independently effectively and efficiently to ensure equipment is operating within normal limits
- Willingness to travel for up to a week at a time
- Adept at working with a multidisciplinary team in a diversity of challenging conditions
- Ability to perform physically demanding work for discrete periods of time
- Experience with general construction and field safety protocols and equipment
- Ability to analyze field readings, data and operating parameters to optimize system operations
- Must have a California driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must be able to comply with GHD and our client's drug free workplace policies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and ability to prepare comprehensive reports
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification preferred
- Associate’s degree in physical science, mechanical systems, or related field (relevant on-the-job experience may be considered in place of degree)
- 2+ years of experience specifically in remediation opeations & maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
For more information and to apply click here.