Campbell Transportation Company, Inc. is accepting applications for an Environmental, Health, Safety & Security Officer in Channelview, TX. The Environmental Health, Safety & Security Officer is responsible for administering, implementing, and enforcing CTC vessel safety & health programs, environmental compliance programs, security programs, policies, and procedures and ensuring compliance with all applicable government safety, health, environmental, and security regulations.
- Manage, implement, and enforce the vessel safety & health programs, the environmental compliance programs, and the security programs policies and procedures.
- Conduct safety, environmental, and security inspections onboard all CTC vessels, barges, and crane barges
- Assist with conducting investigations of vessel incidents/accidents and near misses.
- Assist with compiling and distributing detailed data collection and documentation on incidents; develop lessons learned with specific recommendations for improvement.
- Act as Internal Auditor responsible for conducting required vessel and shipyard safety, environmental, and security audits to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and CTC requirements.
- Assist with evaluating vendors providing towing, vessel assist services, and/or fleeting services to CTC; assess safety and compliance with company and industry standards
- Manage, implement, and enforce the vessel general permit program policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Educational and Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years in the marine industry and/or US Coast Guard experience.
- Experience in areas of marine injury and accident investigations.
- Ability to travel three or more days a week, on short notice at times.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritize activities, meet commitments, and proactively manage time.
- Additional skills would include MS Office.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and strong teamwork abilities.
- Ability to carry, push, pull or move 10 pounds regularly, or up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Ascend/Descend a 90-degree ladder up to 40 feet.
- Position self to move through an 18-inch diameter hatch.
Note that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time, and the list of job tasks is not all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
To learn more and apply, click here.
Learn more about Campbell Transportation Company, Inc. here.