GHD is accepting applications for an Environmental Investigation / Remediation Professional (Irvine, CA)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Environmental Remediation Engineer to join GHD based in one of our Southern California offices. The right candidate will provide technical leadership on soil and water investigation and remediation projects, client and project management, and lead and mentor staff.
Being successful will require a consistent record in leading and inspiring high performing teams and demonstrated experience in leading successful projects. You will have a positive relationship based approach, and enjoy playing a leading role in the commercial success of the team.
This role will have you involved in full cycle remedial design and implementation as a technical lead for contaminate investigation and remediation projects, The selected individual will be responsible for corrective action planning, pilot testing, execution of selected remedy, including the development of conceptual designs, detailed designs, work plans, reports, permits, proposals, construction management and operations and maintenance oversight.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, evaluate, and implement site remediation programs (AS/SVE, DPE, ISCO, etc.)
- Ensure production of high quality technical work plans and reports with a focus on accuracy, clarity and QA/QC
- Ensure quality client services, and clarity of work products and projects while promoting and integrating company wide initiatives and values
- Supervise and mentor team members in their technical and career development
- Prepare and lead budgets and schedules to meet project goals and expectations
- Coordinate closely with senior personnel throughout the West Coast to ensure consistency in staff management and advancement, work implementation, marketing and client development, and consistency with company business goals and needs
- Maintaining a high profile externally and through membership/ attendance in industry functions to build, maintain and expand positive relationships with clients, regulating agencies, and municipalities
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and GHD’s Health & Safety program to support a safe work environment for all.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering (or a related degree)
- Minimum of 7 years of environmental engineering consulting experience
- EIT with the availability for PE license within one year
- California P.E. preferred
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER training (current)
- Strong project management, organization, time management and technical skills
- Highly motivated with excellent technical writing and documentation skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills and the ability to work independently or as a team
- Experienced in material/services procurement and subcontracting
- Capable of producing high quality products on schedule and within budgets
- Knowledge of current and emerging California groundwater policies and procedures
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
For more information and to apply click here.