J.F. Brennan Company (Brennan) is seeking talented and motivated interns for the summer! Coops are also available, ask if you are interested.
As an Environmental Laboratory Intern at Brennan, you will be working closely with our talented marine professionals with the day-to-day operations. If you are looking for on-the-job experience in wastewater treatment, introduction to dewatering and have a passion for learning, then we want you to join our team as an intern.
- Assisting in wastewater treatment duties
- Sample collection and laboratory analyses - pH, turbidity, solids, jar testing
- Polymer and coagulant screening
- Data entry, tracking, management, and reporting writing
- Bench testing for dewatering slurries and water treatment
- Housekeeping, washing laboratory equipment and glassware, equipment maintenance.
- Assist with various daily tasks in the lab.
- Assist in ensuring quality control of project drawings/specifications.
What does it take to become an intern with us?
- Current students pursuing an associates or bachelors degree in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental, Civil Engineering, or other science related curriculum preferred.
- May travel to collect samples on certain jobsites.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and continue to learn.
- Enjoy working on and near the water.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to internal and external clients
- Work independently yet part of a team
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the seventh year in a row recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplace in Construction.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan Company here.