Environmental Restoration LLC is a provider of cost effective hazardous wastes material management and removal services. Our services include Emergency Response, Site Remediation, Environmental Construction, and Specialty Technical Services. Since 1997, we have been a remediation contractor for federal, state, local agencies and private sector clients, providing services nationwide from our St. Louis corporate headquarters and from our 23 regional offices located across the United States.
Working as a Project Manager comes with a lot of responsibility as a result, we are looking to hire people who possess strong knowledge of hazardous materials and environmental remediation procedures and who have exceptional leadership qualities. Managers often have to work in extreme conditions, and need to possess exceptional time management skills, be able to multi-task, and be able to work towards tight deadlines. Frequent and extensive travel is required.
Ideal candidates will have at least:
- Four (4) years of direct on-scene response experience in the cleanup of hazardous substances, oil and other contaminants or pollutants at a site, to include the development of site safety plans, heavy equipment operation and field construction, or other discipline directly related in the performance of managing a project. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as physical, chemical or biological science, engineering, or construction management from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- One (1) year of the required experience must be in a capacity of site project manager, managing and supervising multi-disciplinary response personnel for Environmental Construction/Remediation or other actions involving hazardous substances, oil and other contaminants or pollutants at a site.
- Working and professional knowledge of oil, petroleum, and hazardous substance disposal regulations, including, at a minimum but not limited to, ability to correctly complete hazardous waste manifests, knowledge of types of analytical information required for waste profiling, knowledge of and ability to profile and assign to wastes their proper regulatory classifications.
- Working and professional knowledge of hazardous materials transportation regulations. Ability to, at a minimum, identify proper shipping containers, determine correct shipping labels and hazardous waste marks on containers, assign hazard class, group and proper shipping name to the wastes, and determine placarding needs for hazardous materials transportation in accordance with US DOT regulations.
- Ability to prepare written technical reports covering all aspects of removal operations, including but not limited to, hazardous evaluation, waste profiling, transportation and disposal, data evaluation, and day-to-day summary of site operations.
- Ability to manage and ensure proper execution of multiple simultaneous subcontracts of varying type and complexity. Serves as contractor point-of-contact with subcontractors. Ability to independently negotiate and resolve subcontractor disputes.
- Knowledge of site cost management systems used to track and document site costs on a daily basis. Ability to operate the computer software and prepare daily cost reports.
- Knowledge of OSHA health and safety regulations regarding hazardous waste site and general construction site operations. Ability to prepare, and modify site specific health and safety plans in accordance with EPA and OSHA regulations, policies, and procedures. Ability to serve as site safety officer.
- Knowledge of theory of operation and ability to calibrate and use field screening instrumentation such as organic vapor analyzers, combustible gas indicators, toxic gas meters, portable gas chromatographs, pH/Conductivity meters, and radiation monitors to measure the presence of chemical, explosive and radiological hazards at cleanup sites. Ability to interpret data and evaluate hazards from survey results.
Frequent and extensive travel is required
Pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and physical exam.
Legally eligible to work in the United States (Verified through E-Verify)
Must have a working knowledge of Word and Excel
Able to wear full and half face respirator
Environmental experience, hazardous waste experience and certifications (i.e. OSHA 40hr HAZWOPER, ICS training, CHMM/CHMP, PMP).
Environmental Restoration is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, genetic information, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or national origin.