GHD is accepting applications for an Environmental Scientist/Engineer/Geologist (Fort Myers, FL and Franklin, TN)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD is looking for two Environmental Scientists, Environmental Engineers or Geologists to join their team in Florida and Tennessee. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the future of our Contamination Assessment & Remediation service line by performing investigations, conducting research, and evaluating data for the purpose of meeting environmental regulatory requirements. You will use your scientific knowledge to collect, synthesize, study, report, and take action based on data derived from measurements or observations of air, soil, water, and other sources.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of documents or portions of documents under supervision
- Participate in investigations and on-going monitoring for various studies
- Conduct specific investigations and assignments
- Collect field data, record field notes and observations
- Prepare reports including graphs, charts and aerial photographs
- Preparation of health and safety plans
- Travel to job sites as needed
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or Environmental Engineering or related field
- Between 3-6 years of experience with contaminated site assessment and remediation projects
- Experience in coordinating and simultaneously managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a consulting environment is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability work in a fast paced environment
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel undertake field work is required (estimate 50-75% of the time)
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
For more information and to apply click here.