Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing is accepting applications for an Environmental Scientist in Kentucky.
- B.S. or M.S. in an environmental science-related field (such as but not limited to biology, ecology, forestry, botany, natural resources, wildlife science, soils, hydrology, etc.)
- Proficiency in plant identification in wetlands and uplands of the southeast and Midwest
- Technical writing skills are necessary for this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with wetland, stream, and ecological assessments, including expertise with USACE wetland delineation methodologies
- Assist in the preparation of reports, mitigation plans, and data analysis related to environmental projects which could include CWA Section 404/401 permits (Nationwide and individual), stormwater pollution prevention plans (SWPPP), and other permits/reports as required.
- Support Environmental Services by creating simple maps, uploading data from natural resource databases, using KMZ files, and organizing and maintaining shapefiles, maps, data files, and metadata.
- Collect and organize field data, ensuring quality control of data or samples collected in the field. Assists in the preparation of reports, mitigation plans, and data analysis related to environmental projects.
- Use a variety of computer programs to compile, store, retrieve, analyze, and report data and field pictures (ESRI, MS Office, Adobe or Bluebeam REVU, Google Earth, etc.).
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage (employee coverage employer paid)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Additional Life Insurance available for employee and dependents
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance available.
- Company Match 401k program
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Paid Time Off
- Eight Paid Holidays
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing here.