Responsible for planning, coordinating and directing effective maintenance and repair programs of all equipment, equipment safety programs and equipment availability and utilization on company job sites. Acts as technical advisor on all equipment issues. Assists management team with equipment budgets, asset management, utilization analysis, equipment acquisition and recommendations on disposal of equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develops specific objectives and strategies to maintain an effective equipment program.
- Responsible for minimizing equipment down time and enabling the safe operation of equipment.
- Participates in investigating all accidents resulting in equipment damage
- Coordinates equipment usage among jobs in the most efficient and profitable manner.
- Responsible for all purchases, rentals and lease purchases of new and used equipment and trucks, with approval.
- Reviews equipment for efficiency and repair cost and recommends replacement or disposal.
- Coordinates the repair, transportation and scheduling of equipment for projects.
- Creates and monitors department budget, prepares reports for President/CEO
- Ensures company policies and procedures are understood and implemented consistently at all warehouse and project locations.
- Responsible for all licensing and permits for automobiles, boat & motor registration, barge & boat Coast Guard documentation, Federal Communication Commission (FCC) License, Certificate of Financial Responsibility (COFR) for Barges.
- Serves as a resource in diagnosing malfunctions of equipment and mentoring mechanics.
- Support and help foster the company’s Incident and Injury Free Safety culture.
- Properly document all necessary repairs.
- Develop a flow of communication between management and field personnel to ensure prompt and accurate communication of potential equipment issues.
- Must have 10+ years of related equipment experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor of Science or similar education/certifications preferred.
- Experience in equipment management systems.
- Must have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- The ability to operate independently.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Heavy lift Cranes, Boats, Barges and Support Equipment
- Heavy lift barge mounted cranes
- Ringers from 300 ton to 600 ton
- Crawler Cranes from 100- 300 ton
This job may include climbing (approximate heights of 8-10 feet), pushing/pulling weight up to 50 pounds, sitting, squatting, driving and operating
Varying amounts of travel – Extensive at times
Please click here to apply to Massman Construction directly.