Ozinga is accepting applications for an Equipment Rebuilder (Mokena, IL)
The Equipment Rebuilder is an organized driven diesel or body shop technician who will perform all aspects of body repair and preventative maintenance on Class 4 to Class 8 vehicles. The rebuilder will be mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle repair training.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of body repairs on Class 4 to Class 8 vehicles
- Complete necessary fiberglass fabrications and repairs utilizing appropriate techniques
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal cutting guns, air grinders, and wrenches and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment
- Responsible for all phases of collision repair
- Examine vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work
- Document all work performed when job is completed
- Consistently using the tools and technologies provided to complete repairs. This includes performing basic vehicle diagnostics
- Conducting Preventative Maintenance repairs to perform minor repairs such as, install mounted tires, replace or rotate tires and complete vehicle component lubrication and replacement, some electrical system repairs, cooling system maintenance on gas and diesel engine vehicles
- Regular attendance and physical presence at work is an essential function of this position
- This job may require additional duties not listed above and the employee may be asked to perform those duties to meet business needs
Education/Specialized Knowledge/Professional Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
- Valid CDL or obtain a CDL required
- 1-2 years of automotive or diesel experience or education preferred High school diploma or equivalent required, vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
- Tool usage and repair experience preferred
- Basic computer skills required for data entry into maintenance systems
- Excellent aptitude for customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective problem solver?
- Operation within a ventilated repair shop
- Able to remain calm in high pressure situations
- Operation within a fast-paced environment
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts, vehicles, heavy construction equipment, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions
- Noise level is usually moderate, but can be high and requires personal hearing protection on occasion at job sites, plants and laboratories
- Must be able to work through stressful situations while maintaining professionalism and composure
- Local Travel Required
- Regularly required to talk or hear; frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Must be able to stand and move about job sites with uneven and unpaved ground while managing concrete delivery onsite
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to operate buttons, levers, and other controls located on various equipment
- Must be able to work long and flexible hours as necessary
- Must be able to maneuver in and around our plants, yards and jobsites as necessary
- Lift/Carry up to 55 pounds frequently
Ozinga provides concrete, bulk materials, and energy solutions while offering transportation services through an extensive network of truck, rail, barge, and ship terminals.
With select rail access, 10 river terminals, and hundreds of sourcing locations, Ozinga is always nearby.
Convenient doesn’t only mean easy—when it comes to materials, it can translate to operational efficiency, less lag time or time between jobs, and less transloading of materials. All of this keeps your costs down, which gives you the upper hand on your competitors. And since you can handle the entire process with one provider, you eliminate the headache, delays, and coordination that comes from dealing with multiple parties. With a convenient network of terminals and with barge, truck, and rail services, Ozinga is equipped to offer you the best material handling services to keep your assets safe and to get them where you need them, when you need them.
Ozinga is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.