Notice Number: 201134-2/MVN 22-91 / MVN 23-05 / MVN 23-96
Date: 08/27/2018 00:00 thru 09/15/2023 23:59
Reference Navigation Bulletin No. 23-05, dated 12 January 2023, stating that the repairs on the Lock Emergency Bulkhead Lowering Carriage, and the procedures contained in this bulletin, have been extended through 31 July 2023.
MARINERS ARE ADVISED THAT THE REPAIRS ON THE LOCK EMERGENCY BULKHEAD LOWERING CARRIAGE, AND THE PROCEDURES CONTAINED IN THIS BULLETIN, HAVE BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH 15 SEPTEMBER 2023.
Tows entering the Lock are urged to use extreme caution while approaching and entering the lock chamber. While approaching the Lock, the following are required for passage:
1. Tows are to enter the Lock at DEAD SLOW speed.
2. All tows are restricted to no longer than 1100’ in length.
3. All tows will line up along the floating guidewall before proceeding.
4. Two line-handlers with life vests and bumpers will be required on both approach and exiting of the Lock.
5. Vessels must be moored by bow and stern lines to floating timberheads.
AGAIN, USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN LOCKING THROUGH OLD RIVER LOCK.
MICHELLE C. DAIGLE
Chief, Technical Support Branch