Traylor is committed to creating careers, not just jobs. They understand that experience in the field is important far beyond the job site—that it translates to a greater understanding of what it takes to successfully procure a project. They are looking for highly motivated junior and senior estimators who are interested in estimating, bidding, and winning projects the Traylor way!
The primary objective of this role is to utilize field experience combined with Traylor-provided training in preparing cost estimates for large-scale heavy civil construction projects including bridges, dams, and marine structures. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in the following key areas:
- Experience as a field engineer
- Estimating a variety of projects and work types
- Project Scheduling
- Sub/Supplier Solicitation/Comparisons
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyze plan documents and other data to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Design or coordinate design of temporary structures such as shoring, false work, cofferdams, form work, and templates
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Consult with vendors, personnel in other departments or construction superintendents/engineers to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Review material and labor requirements to determine whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components
- Establish the likely progress and completion rates, including allowances for bad weather and other unforeseen circumstances
- Work with the estimating team to produce project schedules
- Calculate a final figure for the estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit, and presenting a bid price
- Collaborate with the design team to produce constructive and cost-effective permanent facility plans in pursuit of design-build work
- Assist with bid closeout and final proposal preparations
- Assist with writing technical proposals
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Travel as required to attend meetings, site visits, training, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with heavy civil estimating software: HCSS, Hard Dollar, Blue Beam, etc.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to analyze data
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, or Construction Management is required.
- 4+ years of estimating experience or combined field and estimating experience with bridge, marine, large-scale concrete structures or underground construction strongly preferred.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone
- Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and routine keyboard operations
Traylor offers best in class benefits not limited to:
- Very competitive pay
- Area of Living Allowance
- Optimal health, vision and dental care insurance programs with very low premiums
- Company bonus programs
- Personal development opportunities
- 401K with Employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Family-like company culture
- Opportunities to participate in local or world-wide community-based events
Traylor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply to this position, Click here.