Are you a motivated individual who can apply your skills, knowledge, and passion as an Estimator?
We are looking for Estimator II who can perform estimate take offs and prepare construction budgets for negotiated and hard bid projects.
If you have a proven background in heavy civil or marine construction and want to be apart of building and maintaining Brennan’s book of business while maintaining a high level of professionalism, then we think you’d be an excellent fit for our team.
Estimator II Responsibilities:
- Perform estimate take off and prepare construction budget for negotiated and hard bid projects.
- Communicate all business, technical and project aspects to sub-contractors, i.e. “terms & conditions.”
- Prepare and present best estimate for overall project cost, i.e., prepare bid packages.
- Assist in providing technical information to supervisors for use in bid proposal estimates for one or more discipline areas.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Calculate various statistical data - quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per hour, equipment, etc.
- Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents.
- Support other department personnel as required, may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
- May review design options and recommend the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost data.
- Prepare and review construction/bid schedules.
- Lead estimate meetings.
- Assist in buy out of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist in pricing of project change orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Estimator II Qualifications:
- Required B.S. in civil engineering, construction management or related field or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- 3-5 years of working experience within a related position
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with others is important. Minimum supervision provided when estimating items in own discipline; may independently estimate a small to medium-sized project.
- Strong understanding of construction means, methods, equipment, schedules, project budgets and labor practices.
- Preferred experience with HCSS-Heavy Bid
- Demonstrated leadership ability, problem solving skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the sixth year in a row and recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplace in Construction
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
- We also provide a Work-Life Balance Program, which provides a balanced schedule and additional premium while in the field.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan here.