J.F. Brennan Company (Brennan) is seeking talented and motivated interns for the summer! Coops also available, ask if you are interested.
As an Estimating intern at Brennan, you will learn how to perform estimate take offs and prepare construction budgets for negotiated and hard bid projects. If you are looking for on-the-job experience in marine construction and have a passion for learning, then we want you to join our team as an intern.
Estimator Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist in estimate take off and prepare construction budget for negotiated and hard bid projects.
- Collaborate on the presentation of best estimate for overall project cost, i.e., prepare bid packages.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Calculate various statistical data - quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per hour, equipment, etc.
- Research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents.
- Support other department personnel as required, may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost data.
- Other duties as assigned
Estimator Internship Qualifications:
- Current student pursuing a degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, General Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Surveying and mapping, Natural Resources or similar curriculum preferred
- Basic understanding of construction means, methods, equipment, schedules and labor practices.
- Proven ability to take on responsibility and continue to learn
- Demonstrated leadership ability, problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the seventh year in a row recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplacein Construction.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safetyand quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.