Bottom Line Company is accepting applications for an Estimator (Lee’s Summit, Mo)
Lee’s Summit, Mo
The Estimator prepares estimates for upcoming track and bridge construction projects.
Bottom Line Company, a railroad contractor, is a track and bridge maintenance provider, delivering a full range of services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy our full-service production of everything track. From track construction, maintenance, thermite welding, and surfacing, to crossings, on-site safety, and flagging, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their track needs. Turning vision into reality, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry, ensuring success and safety for the future. Each and every member of our team is essential to our success. For more information, visit www.bottomlinetrackservices.com and follow Bottom Line Company on LinkedIn.
Education / Credentials:
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of one-year applicable office/clerical experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
Key Job Elements:
The primary duties include and are not limited to the following:
- Participates in Project Implementation planning and supports the Estimating Team with implementing the plan.
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, quantity take-offs, labor and equipment for projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications.
- Assist in the project procurement process in accordance with company policy.
- Facilitates the dissemination of information to the department and project teams as part of the overall communications and department management process.
- Assist in resolving questions regarding the bids; research and provide appropriate answers.
- Prepare progress schedules for all projects as outlined in the scope of work.
- Works with the Operations Management team to produce documentation required for proposals, e.g. methodologies, implementation plans, proposal resumes etc.
- Prepare a variety of communication including emails, meeting agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Responsible for handling sensitive and confidential information.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be able and have a willingness to work safe.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, willingness to take direction.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to influence the actions of others.
- Proficient in the use of standard business IT applications, such as MS Office.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating accuracy, reliability, and problem-solving skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
$50,000 - $75,000 annual
Bottom Line Company and its affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, per diem, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits.