- This event has passed.
CISA: Office for Bombing Prevention, October 2021 VILT Schedule
One event on October 15, 2021 at 12:00 am
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) courses provide general awareness level counter-improvised explosive device (C-IED) information to a broad audience through an on-line virtual training experience with a live instructor. Perfect for participants with time availability constraints, they can be taken as stand-alone courses or serve as prerequisites for many of the instructor-led courses provided by the Office for Bombing Prevention (OBP).
There are multiple dates available for each of the following topics:
- AWR-333 – Improvised Explosive Device Construction and Classification (IED-CC): Provides foundational knowledge on the construction and classification of IEDs. [75 Min]
- AWR-334 – Introduction to the Terrorist Attack Cycle (ITAC): Introduces a model of the terrorist attack cycle that describes the nature of terrorist surveillance, target selection, planning, and other activities that occur before and immediately after an attack. [75 Min]
- AWR-337 – Improvised Explosive Device Explosive Effects Mitigation (IED-EEM): Provides an introduction to the fundamentals of explosives effects. Details the difference between blast, thermal/incendiary, and fragmentation effects. [75 Min]
- AWR-338 – Homemade Explosives and Precursor Awareness (HME-P): Provides foundational knowledge on HMEs and common precursor materials that are used to manufacture HME. [75 Min]
- AWR-340 – Protective Measures Awareness (PMA): Provides an overview of the risk management process, surveillance detection, and the development of appropriate protective measures based on facility characteristics. [75 Min]
Register on the OBP/CDP Schedule & Registration Page at:
For more information, click here.