- This event has passed.
CISA Webinar: How is 5G Impacting Emergency Communications?
June 29, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
June 29, 2022 – 12:00 pm Central (1:00 pm ET) | Webinar Link
New and emerging technologies offer advanced capabilities to enhance command, control, and situational awareness for emergency response. Yet, the rapid rate of technology advancement continues to outpace the public safety community’s acquisition cycle. For example, the arrival of 5G – the fifth-generation technology standard for cellular networks – is transforming the way we communicate, introducing a vast array of new connections, capabilities, and services. As telecommunications networks are evolving to this next generation of wireless technology, 5G presents the opportunity to enhance operations, support information sharing, improve efficiency and response time, augment security, and increase capacity for more connected devices.
The SAFECOM Nationwide Survey found that more public safety organizations (60%) are currently using a cellular system than land-mobile radio (57%), and therefore, need to be prepared for the deployment of 5G. This webinar will identify actions organizations can take to prepare for the implementation of 5G enabled solutions while ensuring successful operability and interoperability with existing systems.
Join the webinar to learn about:
- 5G capabilities and impacts on public safety communications
- CISA 5G Strategy and other resources on preparing for emerging technologies
- Leveraging the National Emergency Communications Plan to address emerging technology challenges
Presented in partnership with CISA National Risk Management Center
Over 45% of public safety organizations indicate that their cellular and long-term evolution systems are highly vital for mission function;
- 91% report poor in-building coverage impacts their ability to communicate, while 88% report poor outdoor coverage impacts their ability to communicate; and
- 30% of public safety organizations report unplanned system or equipment failure impacts their ability to communicate to a great extent.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com
All are invited to participate. To join on June 29 at 1pm ET, use:
Link (for visual): https://share.dhs.gov/necpwebinars
Dial In (for audio): 800-897-5813
Please consider joining a few minutes early to ensure connectivity. You must dial in for audio.