- This event has passed.
DHS/KOHS hosts FEMA Cybersecurity Training
March 8, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm CST
CYBERSECURITY RISK AWARENESS FOR OFFICIALS AND SENIOR MANAGEMENT
The Kentucky Office of Homeland Security is proud to host the following FEMA cybersecurity training and provide a cyber tabletop exercise moderated by CISA.
This is a non-technical course meant to develop awareness of cybersecurity risks so that elected officials, appointed officials, and other senior managers are better informed to properly protect the jurisdiction/organization during a cybersecurity incident. It is designed to help officials and senior management work more effectively with their Information Technology (IT) departments to mitigate cyber threats. The training is tailored to government, critical infrastructure, and private sector personnel who have the responsibility for directing and developing policy within their organization.
Limited to 45 seats! Registration Links Below
March 8th 2022
- This FEMA course is four hours and will run from morning until lunch
- After lunch CISA will provide a 2 hour cyber tabletop exercise to help attendees put the principals learned in the training into practice.
- Attendees may register for either or both events. The training is not required to attend the table top exercise.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet building
200 Mero Street, Frankfort, KY 40622
The FEMA Training (before lunch)
- Parking is free and available on the street and in two nearby multi story parking garages.
- The training will be conducted in-person only.
- The in-person training is limited to 45 seats.
- Attendees will need a FEMA ID to register for the training.
- The training will provide a certificate upon completion.
- The training is worth continuing education credits.
- Organizations and individuals may attend either or both events. The training is not required before attending the tabletop exercise.
The Tabletop Exercise (after lunch)
- The two hour tabletop exercise will be conducted both in-person and virtually through VTC
- Prior to the tabletop the KOHS Grants team will briefly discuss how the grants we offer can help bolster your cybersecurity program
- The tabletop will walk through a notional scenario in which a dispatch center is impacted by a cyber-attack.
- The tabletop exercise will not limit the number of attendees.
- The intended audience for the tabletop exercise is local units of government, first responders and critical infrastructure (and especially the IT staff and leadership within those organizations).
- The tabletop exercise will provide attendees with links and documents to help develop cybersecurity plans.
Please forward this opportunity to your partners
Register for FEMA ID – https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
Register for the FEMA Training – AWR383 REGISTRATION LINK
Register for the Cyber Tabletop Exercise – https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/abaf0698ba7c4dd48b917dac312f8629
The Kentucky Office of Homeland Security uses Smartsheet to communicate with members of our contact lists. If this link does not work for you, it can be accessed from your mobile device by scanning this QR code:
If you cannot attend this one, a 3 day event with similar training will be held in Owensboro KY the 3rd-5th of May 2022. We will send information about that opportunity as it comes available.
Kyle Wolf MA, CPP
Protective Security Advisor Kentucky, Region 4
Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
M: 202-573-6237 | Kyle.email@example.com
Kentucky Office of Homeland Security
Kentucky Intelligence Fusion Center
200 Mero Street
Frankfort, KY 40622