- This event has passed.
IPM & IMPE Training – St. Louis, Missouri
October 14, 2019 - October 18, 2019
The Inland Marine Port Manager and Executive (IMPM-IMPE) seminar is the premier professional development program for brown water port executives. The IMPM-IMPE program is the first of its kind program specifically designed around the needs and demands of river ports. The IMPE is based on the Maritime Port Management and Executive program which is tailored toward coastal ports. The IMPE program has been developed in conjunction with Inland Rivers, Ports, and Terminals (IRPT) and their Education Committee.
The program is based on the Maritime Port Executive program, which has been used to train over 1,100 professionals working with ocean ports. The Inland Marine Port Executive program, developed in cooperation with IRPT’s Education Committee, is the first program of its kind that has been specifically designed with the needs of inland port professionals in mind.
Other class offerings include:
- October 14-18 in St. Louis, Missouri
Led by the International Association of Marine Port Executives (IAMPE), the class is an intensive, five-day seminar that covers all aspects of port management in detail. Graduates of the program will be equipped with a deep macro-level understanding of how the port industry fits in the global transportation system as well as comprehensive knowledge of all the day-to-day functions required for a successful port.
The Inland Port Manager covers:
1. International Transportation System, Modes and Logistics
2. Worldwide Port Industry and Maritime Industry Trends
a. The Inland River System
4. Public Port Governance Structures and Management
5. Port and Terminal Administration and Finance
6. Intermodal Marine and Cargo Facilities
7. Port and Intermodal Terminal Operations
8. International and National Regulatory Requirements
9. Port & Terminal Safety, Security and Emergency Planning
The Inland Marine Port Executive covers:
1. Port Infrastructure-Waterways, Road and Rail Access
2. Port and Terminal Property Management and Risk Factors
3. Cargo Processes and Management, Chartering and Carriage
4. Cost and Pricing of Transportation, Application of the O/D Analysis
5. Port and Terminal Business Development and Planning
6. Marine Terminal and Port Tariffs, Regulations and Operating Plans
7. Public Relations, Information Systems and Media Planning
8. Strategic, Master Transportation and Cargo Planning Processes
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Cost: $2,200 for IMPE ($1,100 for IMPM first 2 days). Ask about IRPT Member Discount.
Sponsor Location: America’s Central Port, 1635 West 1st Street, Granite City, IL 62040 There’s ample parking directly south of the building.
Closest Airport: St. Louis Regional Airport, (ALN), 8 Terminal Drive, East Alton, IL 62024 (30 minutes from Downtown St. Louis)
Seminar Leader Contact: Capt. Jeffrey Monroe 207-615-7989 (for weekend before and during seminar)
|1||Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark||1 S Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63102||(314) 421-1776
|2||Hilton St. Louis Downtown
at the Arch
|400 Olive St,
St. Louis, MO 63102
|3||Lumiere Place||999 N 2nd St,
St. Louis, MO 63102
|4||Hampton Inn St. Louis – Downtown (at the Arch)||333 Washington Ave, St. Louis, MO 63102||(314) 621-7900||6.3 miles
|5||St. Louis Union Station Hotel||1820 Market St,
St. Louis, MO 63103
|(314) 231-1234||6.9 miles
See Map of St. Louis hotels here.
If you would like to register now, please contact Aimee Andres at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Ross at email@example.com. Registration ends October 10th.