- This event has passed.
NWC Legislative Summit
April 8, 2021 @ 8:00 am - April 9, 2021 @ 5:00 pm CDT
— Save the date—
NWC’s Legislative Summit Moves Virtual – April 8-9, 2021
We have a great agenda planned for you from Congressional and Executive branch officials, staff and industry leaders about the policy and program expectations for the year. Most recently confirmed include Mr. Ryan Seiger, Staff Director/Senior Counsel (Majority), Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment, Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, U.S. House of Representatives and Jon Pawlow, Acting Staff Director/Counsel (Minority), Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment, Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, U.S. House of Representatives.
SCHEDULE: While the Legislative Summit will be virtual, we have quality sessions and speakers for attendees including:
- A special 2-hour Army Corps 101 session led by Mr. Al Lee, Director of Civil Works, USACE, along with Ms. Stacey Brown, Chief of Programs Integration (Civil Works), and other high-ranking USACE staff, to discuss the Corps mission areas, and how stakeholders and nonfederal sponsors can work more efficiently with the agency.
- Update from the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works).
- The latest on levee safety, 408 and P.L. 84-99 rulemaking efforts.
- USACE’s newest water infrastructure loan program.
- What’s next for water resource issues in Congress.
- Federal budget 101 and more.
To view the DRAFT agenda, Draft agenda_as of March 17
REGISTRATION: To make it easy for participants, registration is just $150 for both members and non-members. With no travel costs, NWC makes it affordable to attend. We are planning to record all sessions (unless stated in the final program).