Who We Are
The American Equity Underwriters, Inc. (AEU) is the program administrator of the American Longshore Mutual Association, Ltd. (ALMA), a group self-insurance fund authorized by the U.S. Department of Labor to provide USL&H coverage for the liabilities of its members under the United States Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act. With decades of experience in the maritime industry and a strong commitment to our members, AEU is the leading specialist in USL&H.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an Executive Assistant who will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Director of Claims, as well as two other department heads, to ensure they can efficiently accomplish key tasks and company initiatives. The duties of this role will also include a variety of administrative tasks to support the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the entire office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Director of Claims to support all aspects of his daily work routine
- Administrative support of the Director of Medical Management and the Director of Underwriting
- Maintain Outlook calendars, including scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, special projects, and other similar documents
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve office processes or objectives
- Coordination of assorted in-house meetings, luncheons, and other office events
- Reconcile and submit expense reports
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum four years of administrative support to high-level leadership required
- Minimum two years of managerial experience preferred
- Understanding of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Experience seeing the "big picture" and how goals and policies complement core values and company mission
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite, with a strong focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders and employees at all levels
- Ability to execute duties and responsibilities independently and with minimal supervision, think critically, synthesize information from a variety of sources, work collaboratively or independently as required, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, effectively carry out written and oral instructions
- High degree of tact and diplomacy, inspiring trust from all levels of the organization
- Unquestionable personal and professional integrity
- Associate degree or higher in Business related field preferred
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.