Experienced Deckhand (Greenville, Mississippi)
Inland Rivers HR is a Human Resources outsourcing company serving the marine industry. We currently have career opportunities with a growing company for deckhands. This position is responsible for handling lines and other equipment to secure the vessel and tow. This position requires you to be away from home for extended periods of time. The work schedule is 28 days on the boat/14 days off.
- Sweep and wash barge & boat decks
- Clean and maintain interior and exterior of the vessel
- Load or unload material from barges, scows, and dredges
- Paint lifeboats, decks, and superstructure of vessel
- Build and assemble tow
- Assist with locking and docking
Qualified candidates must:
- Have a high school diploma/GED
- Have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Have a minimum of 1 year of heavy labor experience (i.e., Farming, Construction, etc.)
- Marine experience required (double locking preferred)
The company offers a competitive daily rate and benefits to include, medical/dental/vision/ life insurance.
For consideration please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.