Experienced Deckhand in Bossier City, Louisiana
IRHR is a Human Resources outsourcing company serving the marine industry. They currently have career opportunities with a growing company for deckhands. This position is responsible for handling lines and other equipment to secure the vessel and tow. This position requires you to be away from home for extended periods of time. The work schedule is 28 days on the boat/28 days off.
- Sweeps and washes barge & boat decks
- Cleans and maintains interior and exterior of the vessel
- Loads or unloads material from barges, scows, and dredges
- Paints lifeboats, decks, and superstructure of vessel
- Builds and assembles tow
- Assist with locking and docking
Qualified candidates must have:
- Carries tools and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to work from a height of 18 – 20 feet
- Occasional work within a confined
- Able to work in adverse weather condition
- Double locking experience on the Upper Mississippi River preferred
The company offers a competitive daily rate and benefits to include, medical/dental/vision/ life insurance/paid holidays/401k.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $160.00 to $180.00 /day
- Inland River Double Locking: 2 years (Preferred)